The Africa Challenge App, which is in its fifth edition, is a competition aimed at supporting the development of digital applications in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to fight epidemics.
The competition aims to encourage and support innovation by stimulating and supporting African start-ups and developers, and to promote the integration of ICT in the fight against epidemics.
- Funding for the development of the Project, up to € 15,000.
- Promotion of the winner’s Project through an article on the Site, on the official RFI and France 24 websites and pages of social networks, as well as on the RFI and France 24 outlets when the winner is announced in February 2021.
- Interested applicants should register and submit their projects from September 14 to November 15, 2020.
- Announcement of 10 selected finalists on January 11, 2021, on the official Competition pages on social networks.
- The 10 Finalists will be required to present their Project (demonstration) on January 18 by providing by email a prototype including the following elements a beta version of their Project and a presentation video.
- The president of France Médias Monde will announce the winner of the competition selected by the Jury in February 2021.
- The degree of innovation of the Project concept.
- The feasibility and viability of the Project.
- The contributions and impacts of the Project in terms of utility for civil society.
Interested applicants who wish to apply should follow the Official Link to Register.
Also Read: University Of Calgary Scholarship 2020