The Schlumberger Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Faculty for the Future scholarship programme. Funding is available for female PhD applicants or current PhD students from developing and emerging countries who are studying STEM subjects.The scholarship provides up to $50,000 USD per annum during their studies.
The program’s long-term goal is to accelerate gender equality in STEM by generating conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers through alleviating some of the barriers they encounter when enrolling in STEM disciplines. The program is committed to gender parity in science in the interests of sustainable development and recognizes that full access to and participation in a STEM curriculum is essential for the empowerment of women and girls. By accelerating gender equality in STEM, the talent and capacities of these women can be developed for the benefit of their local communities, regions and nations.
- Applicants must be female and a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
- Applicant must be preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in a STEM discipline.
- Be enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad and hold an excellent academic record.
- Be willing to go back to their home country or region upon completion to contribute to its socio-economic development.
- have a proven record of teaching experience in their home country and can demonstrate a commitment to going back home to:
- an academic or research position in a STEM faculty; o ii) and/or to using your knowledge to become a STEM entrepreneur to help resolve regional challenges in your local community/region.
- and/or to demonstrating leadership by contributing to the public sector using your scientific skills to help provide evidence-based support for STEM policy making demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
The deadline for applications for this scholarship is 9 November 2020.
Interested applicants who wish to apply should go to the official site and submit their application.