The UNDP Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF-SGP) in Ghana has opened the application to support the replication and scaling up of tried, tested and successful environmental practices or technologies that produce global environmental benefits and sustainable development in Ghana, Liberia, and Sierra Leone, in line with the OP6 Strategic Initiatives and the associated innovation programs.
The award of a grants of up to US$150,000.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The solution must be scalable and share similar challenges and/or backgrounds with other countries.
- Both countries must share good practice/technology with each other so they both learn from each other.
- Support technology transfer that is appropriate for the context
- Promote and strengthen second-tier organizations that can further scale up the practices learned.
- The solution must already be in the implementation or growth stage,
- Ensure the solution can be implemented in the recipient country properly and the selected grantee has a plan, timeline, capacity, and budget to make it happen.
Priority will be given to:
- CSO with experience in South-South Cooperation exchanges across regions;
- support second-tier organizations that can help replicate the solution to several communities/organizations in the receiving country;
- exchanges that consider mutual exchanges where the two countries could share and learn relevant solutions.
Applicants are expected to submit full technical proposals before November 10, 2020.
Kindly see below the project document and the request for proposal process: