University of California, MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program:
Applicants are invited to apply for the University of California, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020. The Scholars Program aims to develop a cohort of ethical, entrepreneurial, and energetic young leaders who will drive and lead socio-economic transformation in Africa.
The Program will recruit widely across Sub-Saharan Africa and will encourage applications particularly from women, people with disabilities, and those who are refugees or displaced. Since 2012, the MCF Scholars Program has supported over 120 students from Sub-Saharan African countries to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degrees at UC Berkeley.
- Tuition waiver.
- Free accommodation on campus.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Monthly Stipends.
- Visa and SEVIS fees.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- A good academic record.
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to a UC Berkeley master’s degree program to be considered for the Scholarship.
- Candidate must demonstrate leadership potentials.
- The program is designed for those extremely talented individuals who might not otherwise have access to quality further education.
- The scholar program is looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about. Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
- The program is for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through an internship, Academic Training and job placements.
Interested applicants must first of all be admitted to the university through the regular admission process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Scholar Program.