African App Launchpad Cup 2021 for African Game and Application Developers:
Applications are invited for the African App Launchpad Cup 2021 for African Game and Application Developers. This competition is open to Africans to support their startups in gaming and app development. Below are the eligible African countries:
Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African countries and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL aims to build a capacity of 10,000 young calibers and support the establishment of 100 startups in gaming and app development across all Africa. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
Their major objectives are as follows:
- Building capacity and certifying young African calibers on the recent advances in app and game technologies.
- Supporting the creation of job and business opportunities for African youth through wage employment, freelancing, and startup establishment.
- Increasing the competitiveness of African ICT companies by availing an abundant talent pool.
- Forming Africa-wide learning networks in leading technologies to act as a platform for fostering technology innovation and entrepreneurship.
NB: High consideration will be given to innovative projects, art/design of the app, well-structured business model and team competencies.
- Total Cash Prizes for Winners: $72,000.
- Business planning training by GrindStone.
- Acceleration Program by Microsoft through THINKROOM.
- Access to VCs for top winning startups.
- Free top-quality learning track in one of the advanced app and game technologies.
- Prestigious international certificate after completing the learning track.
- Potential chance to attend a local learning group to experience cross-learning and discuss the business impact of the underlying technologies.
- Opportunity to join startup competitions where each winning startup is awarded US$2,000 in addition to possible seed fund or incubation service.
- Information on Africa-wide employment opportunities.
- Applicants must be citizens of the eligible countries.
- Candidates may apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old.
- Team Size must not be less than 2 Members.
- Applicants must demonstrate a working Prototype.
22nd November 2020.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: