DW Akademie Journalism Traineeship in Germany 2021:
Applications are invited for the DW Akademie Journalism Traineeship in Germany 2021. This fully-funded opportunity is open to students with great interests and aspirations in journalism. Students from all over the world are eligible and welcome to apply. Women are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with severe disabilities will be given special consideration.
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany’s international broadcaster producing multimedia in-depth content in 30 languages worldwide. DW is complemented by DW Akademie which promotes the human right to freedom of expression and access to information in approximately
50 developing and transition countries. As a German public broadcaster, DW is proud of its varied and quality journalism content and which provides space for a wide range of voices and contributes to media diversity.
This 18-month, bilingual journalism traineeship gets underway September 1, 2021, at DW’s broadcasting centres in Bonn and Berlin. The DW traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Germany and beyond, and gives trainees the skills needed to become a successful multimedia reporter and editor.
DW trainees receive a salary and gain hands-on experience in TV, online and radio with a combination of practical training blocks and newsroom placements. Trainees also explore journalism trends of the future, ranging from digital storytelling to data journalism and virtual reality.
In addition, various journalism projects give trainees the chance to develop their own innovative content. Trainees also benefit from DW’s close ties with Major German and international media houses.
DW is then looking for creative minds who reflect language and cultural diversity and are always fluent and fluid in conversations.
- Acquisition of journalism skills.
- Seminars on all relevant journalism topics, conducted by renowned trainers.
- Placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of their foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow.
- Applicants access to producing their own content on TV, radio or online formats: From generating ideas to technical production.
- Placements in Germany, Europe and worldwide.
- Technical know-how on TV, radio and online.
- Trainee’s salary.
- Prospect of ongoing contract working for DW worldwide after traineeship completion.
- Working in an international environment.
- Participating in a dynamic team.
- Applicants practising their innovative ideas.
- Applicants must be native speakers of one of DW’s languages: Excellent English and good German language skills, or native English speaker with good German language skills, or native German speaker with excellent English language skills.
- Applicants must have completed a university degree, college degree or apprenticeship: A background in technology/IT, science, politics, economics or law.
- Applicants should have an initial journalistic experience.
- Applicants must be creative minded.
- Applicants must have expertise in social media.
- Applicants must be able to work under deadlines and a team-worker.
November 27, 2020.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: