The University of British Columbia(UBC) Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students in Canada 2021/2022:
Applications are invited for the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award(Undergraduate Scholarship) at the University of British Columbia for International Students to study in Canada. This fully-funded scholarship is open to international students to pursue an undergraduate degree program at the UBC in Canada. International students from all over the world are eligible and welcome to apply.
This need-and-merit-based award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
The value of the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award is proportional to applicants demonstrated financial needs sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for their degree of study.
This award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided scholars achieve satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain their Canadian study permit (student visa).
- The DWISA award covers the tuition fees and living costs.
- Applicants must be international students who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Applicants must be citizens of a war-torn, politically unstable, or economically disadvantaged country.
- Applicants must be graduating or have recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school.
- Applicants must be applying for their first undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and have no financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary education in their home country (because it is unavailable or unattainable) or outside their country (because it is unaffordable).
- Applicants must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Applicants must demonstrate superior academic achievements (achieve all As or equivalent standards) and leadership potentials.
- Candidates must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree.
5th January 2021, 12:00 AM (PST).
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: