The University of British Columbia(UBC) Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students in Canada 2021/2022:
Applications are invited for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award(Undergraduate Scholarship) at the University of British Columbia for International Students to study in Canada. This fully-funded scholarship is open to international students to pursue an undergraduate degree program at the UBC in Canada. International students from all over the world are eligible and welcome to apply.
This need-and-merit-based award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The value of the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to scholars’ financial needs. Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution a scholar’s family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by an applicant’s family.
This award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided scholars achieve satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain their Canadian study permit (student visa).
- The KMILOT award covers the tuition, fees, and living costs minus the financial contribution a scholar’s family can make each year.
- Applicants must be international students who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Applicants must be entering the UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- Applicants must be applying for their first undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Applicants must demonstrate superior academic achievements (achieve all As or equivalent standards).
- Candidates must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree.
5th January 2021, 12:00 AM (PST).
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: