International students who wish to study on a fully-funded scholarship in Hungry are invited to apply for the University of Debrecen Hungarian Scholarship 2021. Applicants who want to study for their Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. are encouraged to apply. International Students from all over the world are eligible to apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships at the University of Debrecen.
The scholarship is a fully-funded one that covers all expenses of applicants during their study time. The scholarship duration for Bachelors Degree is 4 Years, for Masters Degree 2 Years and 3 Years for Doctoral Degree.
The University conducts its programs according to the European Qualifications Framework of the Bologna Process.
Thus diplomas attained at the University of Debrecen are generally accepted in the countries of the European Union. Moreover, all our programs are accredited by the Hungarian Accreditation Board which is part of the European Accreditation Board.
Medical programs are accredited by the World Health Organization (WHO), the State Education Department (NY, USA), Medical Board of California, Medical Councils of India (a qualifying exam is compulsory), Israel, Ireland, Iran, Norway and the United Arab Emirates.
The Hungarian government provides the Stipendium Hungaricum academic scholarship for international students.
Stipendium Hungaricum full scholarship includes:
• Free tuition for the entire duration of studies.
• Monthly grant for students of Bachelor, Master or PhD program.
• Contribution to accommodation
• Free medical insurance for the entire duration of a BSc, MSc or PhD program.
The following documents need to be submitted during the application procedure by all applicants through the online application platform.
- Valid, filled-in application form (to be filled online here).
- Certificate of education.
- Certificate or proof of citizenship and/or permanent residence (e.g. passport)
- Short Resume/CV (personal details, educational background, work experience, language skills, additional skills)
- Medical Certificate – please see a template here
- Bank receipt about the transfer of the application fee of 150 USD (non-refundable) – bank details are available here
List of Available Study Fields:
The University of Debrecen is offering the following academic fields and study areas in Bachelors, Masters, or PhD Degree programs:
- Agricultural Environmental Management Engineering, MSc
- Agricultural Water Management Engineering, MSc
- American Studies, MA
- Animal Husbandry Engineering, MSc
- Animal Science, PhD
- Applied Mathematics, MSc
- Basic Medicine Course (Premedical Studies)
- Basic Medicine Course II (Premedical studies)
- Biochemical Engineering, BSc
- Biology and Environmental Sciences, PhD
- Biology, BSc
- Biology, MSc
- Business Administration and Management, BA
- Business Informatics, BSc
- Chemical Engineering, BSc
- Chemical Engineering, MSc
- Chemistry, BSc
- Chemistry, MSc
- Chemistry, PhD
- Civil Engineering, BSc
- Classical Musical Performance, MA
- Classical Performing Arts (Music), BA
- Commerce and Marketing, BA
- Complex Rehabilitation, MSc
- Computer Science Engineering, BSc
- Computer Science Engineering, MSc
- Computer Science, BSc
- Computer Science, MSc
- Crop Sciences and Horticulture, PhD
- Dentistry, Full-time Graduate Program
- Doctoral School of Clinical Medicine
- Doctoral School of Dental Sciences
- Doctoral School of Health Sciences
- Doctoral School of Molecular Cell and Immune Biology
- Doctoral School of Molecular Medicine
- Doctoral School of Neurosciences
- Doctoral School of Nutrition and Food Sciences
- Doctoral School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Earth Sciences, BSc
- Earth Sciences, PhD
- lectrical Engineering, BSc
- Engineering Management, MSc
- English and American Literature, PhD
- English and American Studies, BA
- English Language Courses
- English Linguistics, PhD
- English Studies, MA
- Environmental Engineering, MSc
- Environmental Sciences, MSc
- European and International Business Law – LL.M.
- Food Engineering, BSc
- Food Safety and Quality Engineering, MSc
- Geography, BSc
- Geography, MSc
- Gyula Petrányi Doctoral School of Clinical Immunology and Allergology
- History and Ethnology, PhD
- Human Sciences, PhD
- Hydrobiology – Water Quality Management, MSc
- Informatics, PhD
- Intensive Foundation Semester
- International Economy and Business, MA
- International Foundation Year
- Kálmán Laki Doctoral School
- Legal Studies, PhD
- Management and Business, Phd
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences, PhD
- Mathematics, BSc
- Mechanical Engineering, BSc
- Mechanical Engineering, MSc
- Mechatronical Engineering, MSc
- Mechatronics Engineering, BSc
- Medicine, Full-time Graduate Program
- Molecular Biology, MSc
- Musical Creative Art and Musicology, BA
- Nursing and Patient Care (Nurse), BSc
- Nursing and Patient Care (Physiotherapy), BSc
- Pharmacy, Full-time Graduate Program
- Physics, BSc
- Physics, MSc
- Physics, PhD
- Plant Protection, MSc
- Preparatory course for Musical Creative Art and Musicology study
- Professional Pilot with Type Rating, BSc
- Public Health, BSc
- Public Health, MSc
- Rural Development Engineering, BSc
- Rural Development Engineering, MSc
- Social Work and Social Economics MA
- Social Work in Health Care, MSc
- Urban Systems Engineering, MSc
- Vehicle Engineering, BSc
- International Students with any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Candidate must be physically and mentally Fit.
- Applicants must have School Certificate to apply for Bachelors Degree.
- For Masters Degree you must hold Undergraduate Degree.
- To apply for PhD Degree, Masters Degree is required.
Note: IELTS/TOEFL Language Certificate is Not a Mandatory to Apply.
The last date to apply for University of Debrecen Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2021 is 15th January 2021.
Interested international students must fill and submit their application online.