Commonwealth Graduate Scholarships 2021 for International Students:
The Commonwealth organization is giving international students the opportunity to further their education oversees. This fully-funded scholarship is available to international students of commonwealth-member-countries to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree at top universities in the UK. There are a wide range of programs or courses eligible for this scholarship.
To date, over 27,800 people have taken up Commonwealth Scholarships since the first group of 175 Scholars arrived in the UK in 1960. During those six decades, the scheme has constantly developed, adapting to the very different world of a 53-nation Commonwealth of 2019.
Commonwealth Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are offered to citizens from low-and-middle-income Commonwealth countries. Scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- Round Airfare Tickets: From applicants’ home country to the UK and back.
- Monthly Stipends (living allowance): At £1,084 per month, or £1,330 per month scholars at universities in the London metropolitan area.
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable.
- Travel grants: Towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries:
- For Masters Scholarship:
- Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Botswana, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
- For Doctoral Scholarship:
- Bangladesh, Cameroon, The Gambia, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Zambia.
- For Masters Scholarship:
- Candidates who have completed a 4-years Bachelor’s degree or 2-years Bachelor’s and 2-years Master’s are eligible.
- Applicants should not be enrolled for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university before September/October 2021.
- Applicants need to hold a first degree of at least a second class upper (2:1) honours standard, and/or relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by October 2021.
- Applicants must be unable to afford studies in the UK without this scholarship.
18th January 2021.
Interested persons should visit the official links below for more information and apply: