Hokkaido University Presidents Fellowship 2021 for International Students:
Applications are invited for the Hokkaido University Presidents Fellowship 2021 for International Students to study in Japan. This fully-funded fellowship is open to international students to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree at Hokkaido University in Japan. International students from countries with diplomatic relations to Japan are welcome and eligible to apply. No IELTS/TOEFL or Japanese language is required.
Almost all postgraduate courses and programs are available at Hokkaido University. However, an English Proficiency Certificate from applicants university may be required.
Hokkaido University, established in 1876, is a national institution located in Hokkaido, Japan. It is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious universities in Japan. Boasting the largest number of faculties of Japan’s national universities, they cover almost all areas of the humanities and social and natural sciences and are leaders in research activities in Japan and the world. Their alumni include a Nobel laureate, business leaders, research pioneers, artists and writers. It is one of the most prestigious universities in Japan and ranks 122nd according to QS world ranking. In 2014, Hokkaido University ranked 39th in the QS World University Rankings in the field of Agriculture/Forestry and within the top 100 in six fields―Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biological Sciences, and Earth/Ocean Sciences. Japan is considered as a hub for quality education.
- Application Fees.
- Enrollment Fees.
- Full Tuition Fee waiver.
- Monthly Stipends.
- Extra 70,000 yen to Research Students.
- Fellows can avail On-Campus housing during the scholarship.
- Master’s Degree: 2 years.
- Professional Degree (Accounting and Public Policy): 2 years.
- Professional Degree (Law): 3 years.
- PhD Degree: 3 years.
- PhD Degree in Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Infectious Diseases, or Clinical Pharmacy: 4 years.
- A completed application form for Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship. Applicants are advised to contact and consult their prospective supervisors about their research topics and plans before submitting their application.
- A Consent letter from applicants’ prospective supervisors.
- Academic Transcripts.
- A Recommendation Letter from a supervisor at applicants previous university.
- Applicants’ former university’s president would have to provide an official Candidacy Letter to the President of Hokkaido University.
- Current Students or alumni of universities that have concluded Inter-University Exchange Agreements and a Memorandum of Understanding on Student Exchange with Hokkaido University are eligible.
- Applicants who are already students of Hokkaido University are not eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Applicants must be self-supporting, not availing any other fellowships or scholarships during their enrollment into Hokkaido University.
8th January 2021.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: