NIG Summer Internship Program 2021 for International Students:
International students worldwide are invited to apply for this amazing NIG Summer Internship Program 2021 in Japan. This is a life-long opportunity for international students from all over the world to intern with the National Institute of Genetics (NIG) in Japan. No application fee or IELTS is required for this program. This is a 6-weeks’ long internship program organized to equip outstanding students with requisite skills in its relatable field of study.
National Institute of Genetics (NIG) was established in 1946 under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports, and Culture. The NIG offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Interns will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG.
The program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, participants will present their experience at the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium.” NIG will issue a certificate to those who complete the program. Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG. Japanese language classes are also available.
- Round Airfare Tickets.
- Allowance for Meals: 1,500JPY per day, subject to change.
- Local Transportation Fares: Between the airport in Japan and NIG.
- Free Lodging/Accommodation in the Institute’s Guesthouse.
- Travel Insurance.
- Letter of Motivation.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: From applicants’ lecturers from their academic institutions.
- Applicants from all over the world are eligible for the NIG Internship.
- Both undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply.
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences.
- Applicants must currently be, at the time of application, in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor’s program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor’s program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master’s program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Candidates interested in enrolling in the NIG PhD program are also eligible to apply.
Application closes at noon on January 7, 2021 (Japan standard time, JST).
Before visiting the official link below to apply, applicants are advised to read and understand the conditions and requirements in the official link: