Romanian Government Scholarship 2021 for International Students:
International students from all over the world are invited to apply for the Romanian Government Scholarship 2021 for international students to study in Romania. This fully-funded scholarship provided by the Romanian Government is open to international students from Non-EU countries who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree from top universities in Romania. The scholarship lasts 3-6 years, 1.5-2 years and 3-4 years for Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD respectively. A wide range of courses/programs are eligible for this scholarship.
This is an annual scholarship programme for foreign citizens offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens, based on Government Decision no. 288/1993. This is aimed at supporting Scholarships for studies to accredited higher education institutions in Romania. These are granted through a file-based application assessment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education and Research (MER).
- Registration Fee.
- Full Tuition Fee waiver.
- Free Accommodation.
- Monthly Stipend:
- 65 EUROs monthly, for Undergraduate Studies.
- 75 EUROs monthly, for Master’s Studies.
- 85 EUROs monthly, for Postgraduate Studies (Doctorate Degree).
Click Here to see the list of Universities in Romania accepting the Romanian Government Scholarship.
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence.
- The application form for a scholarship in Romania and application for the issuance of the letter of acceptance, completed in full (ANNEX 1).
- Official copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if applicable) and their authorized translation into English, French or Romanian, if applicable.
- Official copies of transcripts of the completed studies and their authorized translation into English, French or Romanian, if applicable.
- Official copy of the birth certificate (or equivalent document) and the authorized translation into English, French or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the first 3 pages of a valid passport.
- A medical certificate attesting to the fact that applicants do not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies.
- Curriculum Vitae(CV) in English or French in the format of ANNEX 2, and for the doctoral cycle also a letter of intent from the applicant in English, French or Romanian.
- Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
The application file will also contain the following documents (only for candidates falling within the specific category mentioned for each document):
- Proof of name change (if applicable) – copy and legalized translation.
- A certificate attesting the passing of a baccalaureate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral exam, as the case may be, for current year’s graduates – copy and certified translation.
- Certificate of graduation of the Romanian preparatory year or Language Proficiency Certificate, if applicable.
- Declaration on parental consent in case of juvenile candidates (in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian).
- Foreign nationals from all across the world, except European Union member states.
- Applicants should not hold a Romanian citizenship.
- Applicants must not be more than 35 years of age for Bachelor’s & Master’s studies and 45 years for Doctoral or postgraduate studies.
30th April 2021.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below;
Also download the:
- Programme information for further information.
- Appendix 1 (application form)
- Appendix 2 (CV template)