Seedstars Energy, Mobility and Agriculture Innovation Program 2021:
Seedstars and Shell Foundation have joined forces to look for sustainable, scalable, and innovative working towards access to energy, sustainable agriculture, and mobility.
The objective of this program is to support, catalyze and train early-stage (seed) tech startups addressing challenges related to access to energy (household energy, energy for business, energy nexus), sustainable agriculture (value chain innovations improving access to finance, technology, market or knowledge) or sustainable mobility (safe rural and last-mile mobility for people and goods) in Africa.
Selected Startups will receive access to a 3-month investment-readiness program that includes:
- Investment-readiness training.
- Group mentoring based on sector.
- 1on1 mentoring with a dedicated expert that has been selected based on individual startup needs.
- Identification by the Shell Foundation for potential funding opportunities.
- Leverage of the human resources and knowledge available within the pro-bono network of the Shell Foundation.
All applications must comply with the following criteria:
- The startup must have an existing solution with less than 4 years of existence (average 2 y.o.)
- Must act within the following sectors: Mobility, Transportation, Energy, & Agriculture*
- Must be an early-stage startup (seed stage with a MVP – minimum viable product)
- Must have operations based in Africa
- Must show initial traction and/or be generating revenue
- Have raised less than $1M USD in investment to date
- Boost your impact on African communities and make agriculture, mobility and energy industries more sustainable.
– 19 November 2020: Launch Of Open Call
– 20 December 2020: Close Of Applications
– January 2021: Announcement of Selected Startups
– Feb – April 2021: Investment Readiness Program