University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021 for International Students:
Applications are invited for the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021 for International Students to study in Brunei. This fully-funded scholarship is available to international students to pursue a Master’s or PhD at the University of Brunei Darussalam in Brunei. International students from all over the world are eligible and welcome to apply. No application fee is required for this scholarship.
Also, there are a variety of courses/programs available at the UBD including Islamic Studies, Business, Arts, Science, Health Sciences, Asian Studies, Policy Studies, Education, Biodiversity, Integrated Technologies and many more.
The duration of the scholarship differs depending on the category of course/program as stipulated below:
- Master by Coursework: Twelve (12) months full time or eighteen (18) months depending on the program.
- Master by Research: Twenty-four (24) months full-time.
- Doctor of Philosophy: A minimum of thirty-six (36) months full-time or sixty (60) months part-time depending on the program.
University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD), established in 1985, is the first university in Brunei and is ranked 86th in Asia by the 2020 QS Asia University Rankings and 254th in the world by the 2020 QS World University Rankings. UBD is 1st in Asia for outbound student mobility for the second year in a row and is 3rd for inbound exchange, 11th for international faculty, 13th for faculty-student ratio, and 17th for international students. UBD scored full marks (100%) in three categories – outbound exchange students, inbound exchange students, and international faculty. The Universiti Brunei Darussalam is emerging as one of the leading institutions of higher education in Asia.
- Tuition Fee waiver plus Registration and Acceptance Fees at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- A Subsistence Allowance of BND 500.00 Per Month for 36 months.
- Campus accommodation for 36 months.
- Round Trip Economy Class Air Ticket: From scholars home country to Brunei and back upon completion of their studies.
- Field Research Allowance: BND 1000.00 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000.00 for Science programs.
- Applicants from Brunei & any other nationality are eligible.
- Applicants must hold First Class Bachelor’s Degree to apply for a Master’s degree.
- A Master’s Degree certificate is required to apply for a Doctoral Degree Program.
- PhD Applicants:
- Should hold at least a first-class honours Bachelor degree with distinction in a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- OR A second class upper honours Bachelor degree and a Master degree with a good publication record from and after undertaking the Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- Demand for high quality and impactful research proposals.
- Applicants must be mentally and physically fit to pursue studies in their area of choice.
- Applicants must meet the English Language Requirements.
28th February 2021.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: