Who we are?
Boxplay Ventures (BPV) is a young, ambitious African venture builder currently operating in stealth mode. We will officially commence operations from Accra, Ghana in October 2021 with two in-house ventures that we are building from scratch. In addition, BPV will offer consulting services to start-ups, foreign companies entering the West African market and West African companies entering the European market.
Who we want to be?
We want to be a truly African venture builder creating ventures that tackle large-scale African problems.
What we believe in
• We believe that few can make a difference.
• We believe in the transformational power of entrepreneurship.
• We believe that only African entrepreneurs can create the required solutions to major African problems.
What we offer you
• As mentioned above we are currently in stealth mode, therefore this an internship/contract position (standard 40-hour work week). The duration of the contract will be for an 8-month period (March 2021 to October 2021).
• 2-days of leave per month (can be added up (maximum of 5 days to be taken in a single month)).
• There is the opportunity for a full-time employment contract commencing from November 2021 (subject to outstanding performance)-
• The remuneration inclusive internet allowance for this position is GHS900.00.
• There is no physical presence required as this is a virtual role during the contract period (this would change in case of full-time employment from November 2021)
Who we are looking for
• You are at the beginning of your career; therefore, you need to be a fast learner (Weekend students, fresh graduates, national service personnel and national service graduates are most welcome to apply).
• You possess integrity and intellectual honesty.
• You are an independent thinker, and you can solve problems independently.
• You have a can-do attitude.
• You are an ambitious problem solver comfortable to work in a fast paced and challenging environment.
• You are analytical and a numbers person.
• You have strong organizational skills.
• You have experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically).
• You are able to use collaborative online tools and streamline administrative processes.
• You pay attention to detail.
• You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can prove your worth, we value skills and ability over qualifications and experience; therefore, we will put you to the test in the application process.
Your basic/minimum duties
• Manage office supplies and stock for BPV and our new ventures.
• Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets.
• Maintain and update company databases.
• Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents.
• Answer queries by employees and clients.
• Update office policies as needed.
• Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments.
• Book meeting venues as required.
• Distribute and store correspondence (for example: letters, emails, and packages).
• Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data.
• Arrange travel and accommodations.
• Schedule in-house and external events.
• Assist in company registrations and obtaining operating permits for our ventures.
Your extra duties (in case you excel and want to go the extra mile)
• Assist in research for venture ideation and business modelling.
• Assist in business plan preparation.
• Assist in Cash Flow projections and administrative setup of ventures.
Your career opportunities?
• As mentioned above there is the possibility of a full-time employment from November 2021. This could be in
one following positions:
o Administrative Officer
o Project Assistant
o Project Manager
o Co-Founder in one of our ventures
• These positions are full-time employments and come with a significant increase in your renumeration
• We are young and ambitious and offer fast track career progression to likeminded changemakers who move
things in the right direction and help us reach our objectives.
• We provide opportunities and challenges that make you grow and ensure that growth is rewarded.
How to apply
Please send your one-page CV and a maximum one-page cover letter to [email protected]. In case you have been referred to this opportunity, kindly state the source of referral in the email body.
The application deadline is Friday, 12th February 2021 at 12am GMT. Candidates that progress to the next application round will be notified latest by Monday, 15th February 2021.