Each year Anzisha Prize selects 20 leading youth entrepreneurs who are solving medical or environmental problems with clever solutions that are in demand. The Anzisha Prize is Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 – 22 years, and hands out over USD $100,000 every year in prize money to entrepreneurs from all over the continent.
- Between the ages of 15 and 22?
- Are they running an established venture, delivering value to a few customers?
- Are they involved in the strategy and operations of their venture?
- Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Are they already earning a revenue, or reaching beneficiaries with the potential to improve (both ‘for-profit businesses’ or ‘not-for-profit’ ventures qualify).
Nominees for the Prize still have to submit an application. Your nomination is an endorsement, a recommendation letter on behalf of the candidate. Candidates submit an application that gives full information about their business, enabling them to be evaluated for participation in the fellowship. The nominee receives an email letting them know that they have been nominated, and also a reminder to apply for the prize as soon as applications are open.