Suqia’s goal is not limited to the provision of potable water to those in need. We also identify how innovative and sustainable technologies can be part of the solution to the global water crisis. We understand that the scale of the water crisis demands different approaches that extend beyond giving water. This is why, in line with the UAE’s goal to become a knowledge-based economy with a strong focus on technology, R&D and innovation, HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched a USD1 million global award to find sustainable solutions to water scarcity.
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award supports research and development of new and innovative technologies that produce, distribute, store, monitor, desalinate and purify water using renewable energy to support the global position of the UAE in developing solutions for challenges that are faced by poverty- and disaster-stricken communities worldwide.
The biennial Award encourages leading corporations, research centres, institutions, the youth and innovators from across the world to compete in finding sustainable and innovative solutions to the problem of water scarcity. Until today and in two cycles, we awarded bright minds from around the world for their pioneering in water desalination and purification systems to overcome the world’s water crisis.
The award categories are:
- Innovative Projects Award – Small Projects
- Innovative Projects Award – Large Projects
- Innovative Research and Development Award – National Institutions
- Innovative Research and Development Award – International Institutions
- Innovative Individual Award – Innovative Youth
- Innovative Individual Award – Distinguished Researcher
- Innovative Crisis Solutions Award
If your application wins, Suqia will arrange travel and accommodation for two persons representing the winning entity and/or the project team for the Innovative Project Award, Innovative Research & Development Award and Innovative Crisis Solutions Award categories.
- As for the Innovative Individual Award category, Suqia will arrange travel and accommodations for the winning applicant only. If the winning applicant is under the age of 18, Suqia will arrange travel and accommodations for the winning applicant and one legal guardian.
- Applicants will get recognized with Awards and in Prizes of 1 Million USD.
- The award is open internationally to all students, companies, research institutions, and innovators who have developed renewable energy powered technologies that can produce clean drinking water in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines.
Deadline: April 30, 2021