One Young World has launched the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG15 intending to protect, restore, and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems to benefit, now and in the future, from this natural ecosystem-service.
Novartis looks forward to supporting SDG 15 by funding a project, which utilizes data/digital/novel technologies in order to generate positive action, protect, restore and sustainably use the services provided by the natural land ecosystem. The project should address at least one of the following:
- Freshwater recycling capacity;
- Restoring biodiversity of the ecosystem;
This Lead2030 Challenge is specifically focussed on SDG 15 targets:
- 15.1: By 2030, combat desertification, restore degraded land and soil, including land affected by desertification, drought and floods, and strive to achieve a land degradation-neutral world.
- 15.2: Promote the implementation of sustainable management of all types of forests, halt deforestation, restore degraded forests and substantially increase afforestation and reforestation.
- 15.3: By 2030, ensure the conservation, restoration and sustainable use of terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems and their services, in particular forests, wetlands, mountains and drylands, in line with obligations under international agreements
- A US$50,000 grant from Novartis;
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Novartis professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy;
- Best practices for data collection;
- Monitoring and evaluation;
- Product design.
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG 15 challenge.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven: Readily available, in or past implementation phase.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
In addition to answering questions about yourself and your organisation, the application form will also ask you to:
- Provide a link to a video personal statement;
- Upload a copy of your buisness/organisation plan;
- Upload proof of your organisation’s business/charity registration.