What is TechWomen100?
TechWomen100 is a project by TANOE that recognizes, celebrates, and showcases African Women making waves in Technology and inspiring and paving ways for others. TechWomen100 also empowers, connects, and supports the next generation of African Women Leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). They provide the platform to find role models and mentors for emerging women in tech across Africa. They also create networking opportunities and provide access to information and consistent support in the pursuit of global careers in STEM.
The Purpose of Tech Women 100!
- To contribute to an increase in women working in technology focused industries.
- To support our partners, helping them attract, retain and develop their female tech talent.
- To raise the profile of women working in the industry through our awards.
- To upskill women working in tech through our events and conferences.
- To provide access to resources that will enhance the careers of women working in tech (eg: job opportunities/networks/learning/volunteering).
- To support initiatives that encourage young girls to pursue STEM careers.
- To support Emerging African Women Tech Entrepreneurs and Innovators.
- To encourage our community to give back by providing mentorship and coaching support services to Emerging Tech Women.
- To collaborate with other women in tech organizations and programs, sharing their initiatives through our website and across our social media channels.
- To support women in tech not for profit organizations and charities.