Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
The Zips (our delivery drones) are the core of our business, and Flight Operators play a critical role in keeping everyone at our distribution centers and neighboring communities safe. This role is crucial to us because we are setting up a new Distribution Center, and need some incredible Flight Operators to make sure our drone deliveries are completed seamlessly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take Off: Conduct pre-flight inspection with Zips, Work with Flight Controllers to launch Zips, Prepare ground equipment for inbound Zips
- Drone & Technical Maintenance: Perform Zip field maintenance and repair any AVC that have experienced incidents
- Troubleshooting: Collaborate with locally-based and USA-based engineering team to troubleshoot & optimize issues
- Collaboration: Work with a team to scale drone deliveries to 100+ deliveries per day at one distribution center
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Aerospace Engineering OR
- 3+ years working experience as a Maintenance Technician for Aircrafts, Power Turbines, Mining Equipment, or other Complex Technical Equipment
- Hands-On Attitude: Must enjoy hands-on work and be adept at working with mechanical or electrical systems
- Strength: You will be lifting up to 50lbs. objects regularly 🙂
- Poise: Maintain a cool head under high pressure situations
- Extremely process & detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain focus during extended daily flight operations
- Comfortable troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues with complex, battery-operated machinery
- Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Training: Flight Operation team will go through a rigorous training process as part of the onboarding process. This training will be across multiple teams, so you will learn not only about customer success but also drone operations and fulfillment.
- Professional Development: Zipline is a fast growing startup and there will be many opportunities for you to rise as a leader, taking on more responsibility, and having more direct input into our processes and strategy
- Benefits: Zipline offers benefits to its team including health insurance, access to a library of management books, and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!