Canadian Government Scholarships 2021 for International Students:
The Government of Canada is inviting international students from all over the world to apply for this fully-funded scholarship to study in Canada. This opportunity is available for international students who wish to pursue a degree program at top universities in Canada. All academic disciplines are eligible.
- Minimum of 1 Academic Year (8 months).
- Maximum of 2 Academic Years (24 months total), which must begin between August 2021 and February 2022.
The Study in Canada Scholarships program provides students from post-secondary institutions located in the new eligible countries/territories with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
This student exchange program replaces the full-degree-based Study in Canada Scholarships program piloted in 2020. At least 50 scholarships will be awarded in the next competition, with the number increasing each year.
- Up to CAD 60,000 will be awarded for programs of one academic year in duration (e.g. 2 academic terms of up to 4 months each).
- Up to CAD 120,000 for programs of two academic years in duration (e.g., up to 20 months, including 4 academic terms of up to 4 months each and one intervening spring/summer term of up to 4 months).
- A possible extra administrative funds of CAD 500 by DFATD, the Canadian host institution to recipients.
- Visa/study/work permit/travel fees related to the collection of biometrics.
- Economy-Class Airfare Ticket.
- Health insurance.
- Tuition fee waiver and mandatory expenses for the academic program for up to 20 months.
- Living expenses: Accommodation, utilities and food.
- Ground transportation: Including a public transportation pass.
- Books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
- NB: the award does not cover language training.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the following countries: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Vanuatu. Palestinians from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are also eligible.
- Applicants must not hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency and must not have a pending application for permanent residency in Canada.
- Candidates must apply and be admitted to a full-time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Candidates should indicate their interest in the Study in Canada Scholarships program when applying for admission at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants must possess the linguistic competencies necessary to undertake studies in the language of instruction at the Canadian post-secondary institution (English or French).
30th March 2021.
Interested? Kindly visit the official link below, gather enough information and apply: