Hosted by the United Nations, Sanitation and Water for All (SWA) is a global alliance of over 300 governments, donors, civil society organizations, and other development partners. We work together to catalyze political leadership and action towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 6 – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
A new generation of champions is already making a difference in making SDG 6 a reality, using new technologies and networks to demand the prioritization of water and sanitation, and calling for the end of inequalities in access.
- 2.500$/year, plus travel expenses
- Opportunity to advocate for youth participation in SWA’s high-level advocacy work
- Networking with a wide range of water and sanitation stakeholders
To support this work, and also increase the ‘youth voice’ within the partnership, SWA is looking for a Champion to collaborate with our Secretariat throughout 2021 in key activities.
- Around 1 day of work per month (or 2 hours per week), adapted you your schedule
- Report on SWA 2021 Sector Ministers’ Meeting from a youth perspective
- Monthly recorded interviews with youth leaders and SWA leadership
- Use your networks and connections to support SWA campaigns (e.g. gender, climate change, and human rights)
- Moderate information webinar about with key youth organizations and representatives
- Work with SWA on the launch of the partnership’s youth strategy
- Advise SWA on content and opportunities for youth engagement and advocacy throughout the year
- Between 18-24 years of age
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset
- Working or being involved in an SWA partner organizations is an asset
- Knowledge of water, sanitation and hygiene topics
- Experience in youth mobilization and engagement
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for SWA youth scholarship” by 19 February 2020 before midnight CET, including your CV and a motivation letter.