Scotland Saltire Scholarships 2021 for International Students:
The Scottish Government has opened applications and is inviting all international students to its scholarships for 2021. This is an opportunity for international students who wish to pursue a Master’s degree in Scotland. This duration for this academic pursuit is 1-year and so the scholarship lasts that long.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is a programme of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy. Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Their chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide-ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
- 50 Scholarships each worth £8000, towards Tuition fees, will be awarded to selected applicants.
- Saltire Scholars will also provide the opportunity to take part in a program of activities over and beyond applicants’ studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland.
- Applicants must have a conditional or unconditional offer at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Clicking Here to learn about the various eligible universities.
- Applicants must be citizens of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Applicants must not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Applicants must not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course by their respective universities.
- Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which they study.
- Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events. Scholars will participate in a welcome reception and an end of year conference. (Scholars may be excused from attending in the event of exceptional circumstances).
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include:
- Posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Being available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agreeing that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- In accordance with relevant data protection legislation, give consent to the use of their contact data in order to receive information on the Saltire programme both during their studies and after graduation.
28th May 2021
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: