Organizations, businesses, universities, governments and others taking bold leadership on climate change can nominate their work for a special 10th anniversary edition of the UN Global Climate Action Awards.
The annual award programme, run by United Nations Climate Change since 2011, recognizes the world’s most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of action to tackle climate change.
This year’s awards will showcase people and projects taking bold and effective climate action in the areas of climate neutrality, innovative climate finance, and climate leadership.
- Fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2021;
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos;
- A dedicated page about your project on our website; and professional photography.
Three key areas
CLIMATE NEUTRAL NOW: Recognizing efforts by individuals, companies, and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality. Learn more
FINANCING FOR CLIMATE FRIENDLY INVESTMENT: Recognizing successful financial innovations and funding mechanisms that are unlocking climate finance and building capacity. Learn more
CLIMATE LEADERS: Recognizing transformational efforts by governments at all levels (national, provincial, state, city, town) that are moving the needle on climate change. Learn more
The selection process
Winning activities will be officially recognized and celebrated during an award ceremony and a series of special events at the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland (COP 26) in November 2021.