Acumen and IKEA call on social entrepreneurs to apply for it East Africa Accelerator program. This a 19-week program which will strengthen your capacity as a social entrepreneur and help you scale to improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable.
Selected enterprise will have access to case studies from Acumen social enterprises and curriculum materials that package IKEA’s business knowledge. You will complete your own assignments to apply lessons directly to your business and then join biweekly interactive Learning Labs to give and receive feedback from your peers. You will also receive biweekly individualised coaching from IKEA coaches.
The program will culminate with a virtual Final Summit where you will attend final workshops and have a chance to network, pitch your venture, receive feedback from industry leaders, and be considered for up to $25k in seed funding.
- 6 Peer Learning Labs
- At least 6 sessions with an IKEA coach
- Video tutorials
- Case studies from East African social enterprises
- Interviews that package IKEA’s business knowledge
- Eligibility to compete for $25k per startup in seed funding
Social Entrepreneurs in East Africa who:
- Run a social enterprise (nonprofit or for-profit) based in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, or Ethiopia
- Have proven customer demand and demonstrate increasing annual revenue
- Have a team equivalent to 3 full-time staff
- Focus on promoting livelihoods, equality and inclusion
Learn How To
- Refine and test hypotheses for developing a scalable business model
- Develop a robust social impact and financial strategy
- Gain best practices for forming partnerships to achieve scale
- Learn from practical case studies of other East African social enterprises that have successfully scaled
- Translate lessons from IKEA and apply them to your own enterprise
- Pitch your business to investors and receive feedback from industry leaders at a Final Summit
- Build networks with other social entrepreneurs and supporters in East Africa and beyond