Asian Development Bank Scholarship 2021 for International Students:
International students are invited to apply for the Asian Development Bank Scholarships in 2021 to study in Asia and the Pacific. This is a fully-funded opportunity for international students to pursue a Master’s degree from one of the 9 eligible countries(Hong Kong – China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and the USA) in Asia and the Pacific.
This Asian Development Bank Scholarship is considered one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. It covers all expenses during the applicants’ academic pursuit. There is a variety of courses/study fields eligible and available for this scholarship.
- The Asian Development Bank Scholarship is for one (1) year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute.
- The maximum duration of the scholarship award is two (2) years for a master’s program.
- Full Tuition Fee waiver.
- A Monthly Subsistence.
- Housing Allowance.
- Books Allowance.
- Instructional materials allowance.
- Medical insurance.
- Travel expenses.
- Thesis/Research allowance: For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances courses such as computer literacy, preparatory language, and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ADB borrowing member-country and/or Japanese ODA scholarship eligible countries.
- Applicants should have gained admission to an approved MA course at an eligible academic institution.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Candidates must have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills is required to be able to pursue studies.
- Candidates must not be more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Candidates must be in good health.
- Scholars should be willing to return to their home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and close relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of ADB–JSP designated institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than their home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB–JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB–JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam.
Deadline for the Asian Development Bank Scholarships depend on the academic institutions candidates are applying to. Most of these universities have their deadline in April 2021.
Interested? Kindly read the information below, open the official link to gather more information and then apply:
- Applicants should request information and application forms from their chosen academic institution(s).
- Applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB–JSP Scholarship.
- The completed institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB–JSP application sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution.
- Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation.