Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2021 for International Students:
Commonwealth is inviting international students from all over the world who wish to pursue their academics in the UK to apply for this scholarship. International students can only pursue a Master’s degree with this scholarship.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six CSC development themes:
1. Science and technology for development.
2. Strengthening health systems and capacity.
3. Promoting global prosperity.
4. Strengthening global peace, security and governance.
5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises.
6. Access, inclusion and opportunity.
- Round Airfare Tickets from applicants’ home country to the UK and return at the end of their study.
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- Monthly Stipends (living allowance) at the rate of £1,116 monthly, or £1,369 monthly for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2020-2021 levels).
- Clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable.
- Travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- Excess baggage allowance.
- Widowed, Divorced, or a Single Parent Child allowance.
Eligible Countries & Universities/Study Fields:
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK the eligible universities and study fields.
- Applicants must be citizens of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British protected person.
- Candidates must be permanent residents in one of the above-mentioned country.
- Applicants must bee available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/ October 2021.
- Candidates who have completed a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or those who have completed a 2-year Bachelor’s and 2-year Master’s are eligible to apply for the Commonwealth UK Scholarship.
- Applicants hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and relevant postgraduate qualification (a Master’s degree) by September 2020.
- Applicants must not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country.
- Applicants must be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
6th April 2021.
Interested? Please visit the official link below for more information and apply: