Fulbright Scholarship 2021 in the United States for International Students:
Applications are welcomed for the Fulbright Scholarship 2021 for International Students to study in the United States. The Fulbright Scholarship is Funded by the U.S Department of State offering these awards to students from 150 countries in the world. All international students who wish to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree from universities in the United States are encouraged to apply. International students from all over the world are eligible and welcome to apply. The Fulbright Master’s and PhD Program funds for graduate study in the United States.
The USA Fulbright Scholarship covers tuition fee, textbooks, airfare, living stipends, and health insurance. The USEFP overseas this bursary and assists with the Visa Processes. The USEFP is guided by a binational commission composed of an equal number of Pakistanis and Americans, with the Chair alternating each year between a Pakistani and an American. The USEFP is one of 49 “Fulbright Commissions” located throughout the world. Since 1951 when the first group of Pakistani grantees travelled to America and in 1952 when the first American grantees visited Pakistan, the USEFP has fostered mutual understanding between the people of Pakistan and the United States through educational and cultural exchange. More than 8,000 Pakistanis and around 935 Americans have participated in USEFP administered exchange programs. The Foundation receives support and counsel from both the Pakistan and U.S. governments, but it is not an agency of either.
Students in the fields of Energy, Water, Agriculture, Public Health, Education, Social Sciences, Journalism and Mass Communication, Arts and Culture, Management including heritage conservation and museum studies, urban and regional planning, environmental science/studies, security/peace studies, and data science are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Complete Tuition Fee waiver.
- Airfare Tickets.
- A living allowance.
- Health Insurance.
- Visa Fees.
- A Computer and Settling-in allowance.
- Fulbright awards enable grantees to live at the same standard as most American graduate students.
- Master’s Degree program: A four-year Bachelor’s degree or a Bachelor’s and Master’s combination totaling 16 years of formal education from an accredited university.
- Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, except for MBA and Public Policy/Administration applicants, who require 2 years of work experience.
- PhD degree program: A Master’s, M.Phil or comparable degree (a minimum of 18 years of formal education) from an accredited university.
- It is highly desirable that candidates have work experience in teaching, research, or the public sector in Pakistan.
- Both the Master’s and PhD programs: All academic disciplines are eligible, except clinical medicine.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for all applicants. Under the new scoring system, minimum scores of 138 in the verbal and 136 in the quantitative sections are required.
- Applicants must also possess a high level of fluency in spoken and written English. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) will be required from all the selected candidates.
NB: Candidates must have to take the GRE test before the deadline. TOEFL is not mandatory with the application, only selected candidates will be required to take the TOEFL.
The deadline is different for every country but the last date for Pakistani Students is 9th June 2021.
Interested candidates should visit the official link below for more information and apply: