GIST International Scholarships 2021 for International Students:
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is welcoming international students to apply for its scholarships to study in South Korea. This is a fully-funded opportunity for international students to pursue a Master’s, PhD and Master’s leading to PhD degree at GIST in South Korea. International students from all over the world are eligible and welcome to apply. The scholarship will last 2 years for Master’s degree and 4 years for PhD degree.
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), established in 1993, is a research university located in South Korea by the Korean Government. According to QS World Universities Ranking, GIST is ranked 3rd worldwide and 4th in South Korea.
- Full Tuition Fee waiver: 3,415,000 won per semester.
- Monthly Stipends:
- Master’s Degree: 140,000 won per month.
- PhD Degree: 295,000 won per month.
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects):
- 4,820,000 won per year of MS.
- 11,480,000 won per year of PhD.
- Health Insurance (All International Students):
- 60% of the Korean National Health Insurance fee is supported.
- Annual Medical checkup.
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students):
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea.
Eligible Study Fields:
- Department of Chemistry.
- School of Integrated Technology.
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering.
- Department of Physics and Photon Science.
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- School of Materials Science and Engineering.
- School of Mechanical Engineering.
- School of Life Science.
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering.
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School.
- Statement on Application Documents Submission (Form1).
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor’s Diploma.
- Bachelor’s Degree Transcript.
- Certificate of Master’s Degree or Master’s Diploma.
- Master’s Degree Transcript.
- Two letters of Recommendation (Form2).
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test.
- Applicant’s Passport Copy.
- Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver (Form3) (Optional).
- Certificate of English Proficiency issued by your home university (Optional).
- Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Master’s Degree applicants must hold an Undergraduate Degree.
- PhD Degree applicants must hold a Master’s Degree.
15th April 2021.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: