- Oil & Energy
- Mining & Metals
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or Construction Management
- 10 to 15 years Operations and Project Management Experience, with at least 5 years in Oil & Gas or Petroleum industries (preferred)
- Professional Qualification in Project Management or Quality Management is required
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve not less than 70% of the Ghana Operations revenue targets
- Maintain a Lead to Tender Conversion Rate (LT-CR) of 50%
- Maintain a Tender to Contract Conversion Rate (TC-CR) of 60%
- Monitor and hold project cash liquidity level to 15% of total project value per project
- Keep loses from project transactions to a minimum of 2% of total project portfolio value
- Maintain a project portfolio profitability ratio (PPPR) of 15 to 25%
As Operations Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement business development initiatives under Ghana Operations to ensure the division achieves its target revenue per the corporate plan.
- Improve the organisational processes, improve quality, production, and efficiency of each business unit.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day transaction process of Ghana Operations to ensure timely completion of projects as well as a cost effective and competitive results for each project.
- Responsible to lead construction strategy for each project by working hand in hand with project managers to make sure there is an efficient allocation of resources.
- Lead and coordinate key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and/or financial negotiations of all Ghana Operations engagements.
- Coordinate due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects.
- Act as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting, and interconnection.
- Construct contractual arrangements for project development in line with head office directives.
- Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors pertaining to Ghana Operations jobs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements within relevant legal jurisdictions of operation under Ghana Operations.
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Fosters external relationships with customers, third parties and/or other relevant parties that will enhance the reputation of the company in relevant markets in Ghana and outside Ghana.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have strong academic qualifications and experience in managing people and overall business operational requirements. He/She must be an open and clear communicator, being able to operate at a high level in a fast paced environment. He/She must be able to engage with high level key stakeholders and represent the company in a professional manner.
What’s on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a global organisation with operations and opportunities to advance within this market. A competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits.
Contact: Jaco Bester
Quote job ref: JN-022021-2009763