International students are invited to apply for the Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2021. Selected applicants will receive a monthly stipend of 8000 Euros. A large number of universities are available under this scholarship for admissions and also there are several degree courses in which you can enroll and then apply for this scholarship. There is also no application fee for online applications.
The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland (where this is applicable) and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 28 May 2021.
- The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
The deadline for Saltire Scholarship applications is Friday 28th May 2021 at midnight GMT.