World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2021 for International Students:
International students are welcome to apply for the World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program to study in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan. The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) 2021 is open for international students from Developing Countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic. International students from all developing countries are eligible and welcome to apply.
Click Here to check the list of eligible Universities & Fields of Study.
Click Here to check the list of Eligible Countries.
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries. The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. Its five institutions share a commitment to reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development.
- Full Tuition Fee.
- Economy Class Air Travel: From Scholars’ home country and the host university. In Addition US $500 for Each Trip.
- Medical Coverage.
- A Monthly Subsistence Allowance to cover all living expenses (Accommodations, Food, etc., including Books).
- Applicants must be Nationals of a World Bank Member developing Country. Click Here to check the list of Eligible Countries.
- Applicants must not hold dual citizenship of any developed country.
- Candidates must be in good health.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date.
- Applicants must have at least 3 years of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree.
- Applicants must be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country nationals from a country that will be on the updated list of Fragile and Conflict States provided to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- Applicants must be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year(on or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date) to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting the application. For details, see “Application Process”.
- Applicants must not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Two qualified assessors independently review each eligible application and score the application on a scale of 1 to 10, taking into account four main factors and the degree of cohesion among them:
- Quality of Professional Experience (30% weight).
- Quality of Professional Recommendations (30% weight).
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country (30% weight).
- Quality of Education Background (10% weight).
The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat uses the average score of the two assessors and the following criteria to select the finalists:
- Maintaining a reasonably wide geographical distribution of awards.
- Maintaining a reasonable distribution of awards across gender.
- Unusual circumstances/hardships, when assessing the employment experience and other aspects of an application.
- Giving scholarships to those applicants who, other things being equal, have limited access to financial resources for graduate studies abroad.
21st May 2021.
To apply, kindly visit the official link below and gather enough information: