Diya Pakistan Scholarship 2021:
Pakistani students are invited to this year’s Diya Pakistan Scholarships to pursue their career dreams in top Pakistani universities. This is scholarship is made available to Pakistani students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree from reputable institutions in Pakistan. The Diya Pakistan Scholarship offers more than 55,000 awards every year to needy Pakistani students. All Pakistani students studying in Government Institutes are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Diya is a lamp (in Urdu), a symbol of light and thereby Hope. In Pakistan, a large portion of the population does not have access to proper education. Diya Pakistan is a professionally managed charitable organization that is committed to eradicating poverty by promoting literacy. Since 1988, Diya has reached out to talented, financially distressed students with more than 420,000 merit scholarships value in excess of Rs 895 million (US$ 9 million), enabling them to continue their education. The impact is eye-opening.
Diya’s Vision – An Educated Pakistan. Diya’s Mission – Merit scholarships for talented, most deserving and financially distressed students across Pakistan, with a mission to enable them to pursue their academic objectives and hence defeat poverty.
Fully-funded tuition fee.
Important Details before applying:
- Online Application System is only used by students who are enrolled in Graduate Level OR Master’s Level Programs.
- PhD and MPhil students are also not eligible for Diya Scholarship however, direct MPhil after graduation is eligible. MPhil after M.A/MSc/MS is not eligible. Applications will not be accepted for students of School-level and Intermediate level through this Web base system.
- Talented and deserving students in Intermediate Level or School-level will apply through their Schools/Institutes. Diya Pakistan is currently giving scholarships in Government institutes only. The Institution will contact the office of Diya for detailed procedures.
- Scholarship recipients of more than Rs. 25000 per anum from other organization are not eligible for the Diya Scholarship.
- Students must secure at least 60% marks at all levels.
- First-time applicants should fill out the Online Scholarship Application and Upload scanned documents.
- An estimation of between 30 to 45 days is required to review applications with scans and applicants can check their application status weekly on the website.
- Application status will be updated on the web as Clarity, Incomplete, Complete, Not Accepted, Approved.
- After approval, cheques will be dispatched within 10 to 30 days. After verification, cheques will be handed over to scholars OR adjusted in their fees by their respective Institutions. Cheques handed to applicants can be cashed at any Meezan Bank Branch by showing their original NIC Card and providing NIC Copy to the bank.
- Scholarships are paid on a fiscal year basis from 1st July xx to 30 June xx. Students may apply for renewal next year if courses continue.
- Students can NEVER APPLY again in any case, if their status were “Not Accepted” previously or who provided fake/modified documents/information. If applicants have any problem regarding their submitted documents, they can contact the offices to explain them.
Documents Required(New Applicants):
- Head of Institute Attestation Form (HOI): Click here to download.
- Self CNIC.
- Father CNIC.
- Mother CNIC.
- Guardian’s CNIC (if other than applicant’s parents).
- Matric Certificate.
- Family Registration Certificate from NADRA.
- Intermediate Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree (If Applicant is in a Master’s Level Program).
- Hifz Certificate (if applicant is a Hafiz Al-Quran, 5% additional marks will be given).
- Disability Certificate (If any).
- All University Semester/Yearly results certificates (where results are declared).
- Fee Receipts or Bank Challan for the current year.
- Salary Slip (If guardian is employed).
- Pension documents, showing name page and pension amount page. (If guardian is a pensioner)
- Enrollment Certificate of all brothers and sisters who are studying. (Only for those whose father/guardian is a non-salaried person): Click here to download.
- Electricity Bill.
- College Card if available.
If applicants studied in a private College at Intermediate Level, then they should provide Fee receipts or Payment Certificates from their College.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: