Application is opened for students and young journalists to apply for the European Commission Youth4Regions Programme 2021. Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
The European Commission’s Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) wishes to encourage journalism students and young journalists to learn about Regional Policy and to communicate on European solidarity and concrete projects cofunded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Cohesion Fund (CF). The specific objectives include:
- Providing the framework and conditions for young and future journalists to specialize in EU Regional Policy;
- Fostering young journalistic productions to promote knowledge of EU-funded projects (ERDF and CF);
- Promoting innovative means of covering the European Week of Regions and Cities;
- Enhancing the links between European institutions and young Europeans.
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy.
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country.
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week.
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions.
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States.
- Accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission.
Open to any person that fulfils all of the following conditions:
- Is a citizen of an EU Member State or an EU neighbouring country;
- Is between 18 and 30 years old;
- Demonstrates a real interest in journalism through studies and/or work experience;
- Has not participated in previous editions of the Youth4Regions Programme.