Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship 2022 for International Students:
The Japanese Government has opened applications for international students to study on a fully-funded scholarship at top universities in Japan. International students who wish to pursue an undergraduate, a Master’s, or PhD degree in Japan are encouraged to apply. International students from all over the world are eligible and welcome to apply. No IELTS or TOFEL is required for this scholarship. Almost all Academic Fields and Majors are available under the MEXT Scholarship.
At the moment, the Scholarships are open for some selected countries and so applicants are advised to check before they begin to apply. Portals for the other countries will be open in the coming days. The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of the Japanese Government works with the ministries of other countries and agencies to encourage the acceptance of more international students from all over the world, including setting up a platform to help international students boost their knowledge in the world’s top universities under highly qualified professors.
- Monthly Stipends.
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver.
- Round Airfare Tickets: From Home country to Japan and from Japan to Home country.
- Residence: Provided by the University that accepts applicants.
- Allowance by Japanese Government.
- Mark Sheet Form.
- Application Form.
- Recommendation Letter.
- Health Certificate.
- Research Plan (only research students).
- Abstract of thesis (if applicable).
- Academic detail Marks sheet of Secondary School: (Matric/O Levels, Attested copy).
- Academic detail Marks sheet of Higher Secondary School: (Intermediate/A Levels, Attested copy).
- Attested copy of Certificate of enrollment from the current educational institution (if applicable).
- Hope certificate issued by the Institute (for students whose final result is expected by August 2021).
- Applicants from countries with Diplomatic Relations with Japan are eligible. Click Here to Check Countries’ List.
- Students who have Japanese Nationality are ineligible.
- Must be born after 02 April 1986.
The deadline varies with each country and so applicants can check deadlines for their country by visiting the Japan Embassy website in their country. However, the last date for Pakistani Students is 21st May 2021 and 28th May 2021 for Postgraduate and undergraduate respectively.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: