The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a transformational leadership program that equips Fellows with transferable leadership skills to effect change beyond the classrooms in the communities they serve. After the Fellowship, alumni of Teach For Nigeria build on their classroom teaching experience to drive long-term systemic changes in the educational sector in Nigeria as they progress into leadership roles in their varied professions. The Teach For Nigeria model is based on the proven success of 40 country organizations including Teach For America, Teach First UK, Teach For Ghana, Teach For Bangladesh, Teach For Nepal and Teach For India, who are all part of the Teach For All network.
As a Fellow, you will set targets and work towards ambitious goals that will put your students on a different life path. The experience will not only develop your leadership skills but also give you first-hand exposure to the educational crisis in our country. It will help you develop an awareness of the wider issues relating to educational inequity – and deepen your understanding of their potential solutions.
Through the two years, Fellows receive ongoing support through a combination of in-person training sessions, leadership forums, as well as online training courses and resources. Additionally, they will build partnerships with key public and private sector entities in order to develop pathways to accelerate alumni leadership in critical areas.
After the two-year program and as an Alumni, you will be supported to use these skills and knowledge to advocate for and lead educational reform in whichever path you choose.
As a Teach For Nigeria Fellow, you are a part of a movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training
- Real responsibility from day one
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 52 countries
- Access to a Mentoring Programme, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development
- Access to professional development and network of supporters
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Further degrees are encouraged.
- Has interested in teaching
- Has interest in developing the education system of Nigeria
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021