OIST Research Internship Program 2021 for International Students:
International students are invited for the 2021 OIST Research Internship Program to study and work in Japan. The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) internship will be for a duration of 2 to 6 months with all expenses covered by the institute. International students from all over the world are eligible and encouraged to apply.
This internship in Japan for international students is a Great Opportunity to complete a Summer Internship and explore various opportunities towards a future career. Applicants of both an Undergraduate and a Graduate degree level can apply for the OIST Internship in Japan.
The OIST Summer School offers internship opportunities in multiple fields to Undergraduate and Graduate Students as Research Interns. This will give them an opportunity to gain experience & learn a specific technique. They will work under the direction of a Professor at OIST.
- Roundtrip Airfare Tickets for successful applicants.
- Visa support.
- On or off-campus housing accommodation.
- Commuting support.
- Allowance (Stipend) – 2,400 JPY per day (taxable).
- Curriculum Vitae(CV).
- Personal Statement.
- Academic Transcript – Upload a scan of your current academic transcript in a PDF format. Unofficial partial transcripts are accepted for those who have not yet graduated.
- Recommendation Letter – A letter of reference from an academic or research professional familiar with an applicant’s work is required. Please note that the request for a recommendation letter will not be sent until your application is submitted. The application system will ask him/her directly, using the email contact details that you provide. Applicants will be automatically notified by the application system when a letter of recommendation is received.
- ID Photo – Upload a recent photo Passport Size (image must be in JPG format, and less than 5 MB).
- Students who are enrolled in a Graduate Degree program in Universities, Colleges, Junior colleges, & vocational schools can apply.
- Students who are enrolled in an Undergraduate Degree program in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan OR Overseas can apply.
- Recent Graduates of the above institutions are also eligible to apply.
- Currently enrolled students must have approval from their home institution. If they are currently a student, they need to confirm with their institution.
- Bachelor’s degree students of year 3 & 4 and Master’s degree students of year 1 & 2 are particularly encouraged to apply.
15th June 2021.
Interested applicants should visit the official link below for more information and apply: