The Western Union Fellowship is a program for young entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
This year-long program is designed to equip these next-generation entrepreneurs and leaders with the skills and experience to increase access to economic opportunity, integrate into their communities, succeed in the evolving nature of work, and transform their communities.
Each Fellow will receive $1,000 in Seed Funding to launch/grow their ventures and initiatives
This program is for next-generation high-promising entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe. Ideal applicants will join with relevant social impact and leadership experiences with proven experience of building community development projects within these communities.
We are looking for applicants from the following countries: Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States
You must be able to commit to the intensive 2-week Accelerator (July 19th – July 30th) and the year-long Fellowship program (July 2021-July 2022).
This is a fully funded program thanks to the support of Western Union Foundation.
The Fellowship begins with a virtual two-week intensive Accelerator that will focus on:
Community is one of the pillars of the Fellowship experience. A diverse cohort of young leaders and entrepreneurs form partnerships, collaborations, and further their growth and integration as leaders in their community
Including growth mindset, courage, resilience, creativity, and leadership. Fellows will be guided through the process of overcoming key challenges faced during the process of becoming transformative leaders.
Each Fellow is trained and receives a stipend and logistical support to lead a three-day Basecamp in their home community to empower at least 30 additional entrepreneurial leaders per Fellow.
After the two week Accelerator, each Fellow will join a year-long Fellowship including…
- Lead a Basecamp in their respective community. A stipend will be given for logistical and administrative costs.
- Join a monthly All Hands on Deck meeting that include skill development workshops and opportunities to build community amongst the cohort
- Receive $1,000 in Seed Funding to launch/grow their ventures and initiatives
- Regularly attend Master Courses with the world’s leading entrepreneurs and practitioners, further strengthen their skills, and build a powerful global network. Past Master Course teachers include co-recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize, the youngest person to run for US Congress, and the inventor of Google’s self-driving car.
- Join a pod with other Fellows from their respective regions and regularly check in with each other via regular one-on-one meetings.