Birimian and the Institut Français de la Mode are supporting African emerging designers through a unique accelerator program for young creative brands based on the African continent or in the diaspora. For the first edition, IFM-Birimian Accelerator x Africa will support 10 emerging designers selected for their talent, creativity, connection to the african heritage and capacity to upscale, with the expertise of a creative board composed of industry experts.
The selected designers and brands are offered personalized assistance, coaching advisory services for the development of their company by a dedicated team of professionals and industry experts, in the main areas of expertise required for a young creative company: brand identity, offer, distribution, production, image and communication, budget and financing.
The objective: nurture talent and accelerate the growth of African designers through capacity-building.
Formalization of the project’s fundamentals (which are often intuitive), an in-depth study of these fundamentals to put them into perspective and better anticipate future stages of development. Benefits that are tailored to the profiles and skills associated with the labels:
- The definition of the project and of its positioning, the structuring of collections, retail strategy, communication policy, financial monitoring.
- Collection building, distribution, communication, financial resources and teams. To set up operational working tools such as collection planning, general sales conditions, treasury framework, communication framework.
- To step back in order to gain perspective in relation to day-to-day pace and exchange with other designers/labels going through similar situations.
- Elevation of international standards and strenghtening of technical and operational competences through luxury and fashion experts mentoring.
- Exposure to the international creative scene (supporting applications to prestigious and strategic prizes and collaboration opportunities).
- A potential lead-in to preparing business plans/financing arrangements.bool(false)Potential investment from Birimian.
- To highlight African creativity and integrate designers and creative entrepreneurs into the international creative scene while acculturating them to its codes.
- To support and train the young African creative guard, by reinforcing their skills and know-how in order to guarantee a level of excellence at all stages of the creative process and by helping them become more professional.
- To contribute to the transmission and preservation of the African heritage know-how.