Access to education is one of the greatest barriers to inclusion for children, young persons and adults with disabilities in Africa. The COVID-19 pandemic has amplified this situation. Digital innovations can help to overcome this challenge by removing barriers to education for persons with disabilities.
This is a call to arms. It’s time for a change. Are you in? Register for the ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge and shape the inclusive education in Africa!
What are we looking for?
We wish to foster & scale digital and technical innovations that provide or improve access to education for children, youths and/or adults with disabilities in Africa.
You can submit your innovative idea, mock-up, or proof of concept (PoC) in any of the 4 criteria apply.
- You are developing a digital device and/or application, that facilitates inclusive education.
- You have a concrete idea to raise awareness for inclusive education using digital technologies.
- You develop digital assistive technologies to be used in educative settings.
- You are working on accessibility solutions for online learning environments.
In addition to being coached by elite mentors during the bootcamp, the top 3 winning teams will be awarded with dedicated 3 month long mentorship program after the bootcamp, monetary prizes and an opportunity to pitch to Atos Accelerator programme.
- 1st placed team€ 6,500
- 2nd placed team € 2,500
- 3rd placed team € 1,000
Who can join?
- Individuals or Teams of Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Students, Change makers, Tech geeks, Disability activists.
- Persons ageing at least 18 years old or above the legal working age in the country of residence.
- Permanent residents of an African country or non-residents teaming up with an African organization.
- Please note that Atos or GIZ employees (and their immediate family) are not eligible to take part in the challenge. Any solutions that are already on the market will also be excluded.
Who will be selected for the Bootcamp?
Submitted ideas will be evaluated considering the evaluation criteria described below. The teams/individuals with the top-ranked ideas will be selected to participate in the Bootcamp.
- Relevance and applicability
Your solution shall improve access to education for children, youth and/or adults with disabilities in Africa and be affordable, accessible & realisable.
Your solution proves to be new, creative and innovative in how to reach the goals. Existing services and products already on the market are excluded from the competition. Tip: Do your research!
Your solution is an idea, a mock up or a proof of concept (PoC) but has the potential to be scaled to a sustainable solution and business.
- Potential impact
Your solution has the potential to foster social, economic or systemic change and represents a business opportunity.