Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI) and Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) has launched the Safe Urban Environments Program for Young People – their first-ever Youth Safety in Urban Environments Competition! This global competition is open to young people globally, with a particular focus on Colombia, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam aged 15 – 20 years old. It will run from 3rd – 19th August 2021.
The Safe Urban Environments Program (SUEP) is a brand-new initiative proudly led by Global Infrastructure Basel Foundation, in partnership with ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, hosted by Swiss Philanthropy Foundation, with the support of Fondation Botnar.
The SUEP ultimately aims at achieving a two-fold impact: that the urban environment itself is safer for young people but also that young people themselves feel safer in their environments and urban contexts.
Who is it for?
- All young people between 15 and 20 years old at the time of the
- Young people that live in an urban context (cities) globally. With a special
- focus in Colombia, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- However, all other countries are invited as well.
- Young people passionate about safety and security in their urban context
- You would need some internet connectivity and access to google forms,
- Facebook and email
What do you have to do to participate?
- Step1: Read the full advertisement carefully; get in contact in case of questions! All
- information is at this page on our website.
- Step2: Go to this form to complete the registration, accept the terms and conditions.
- Step3: Answer a 5-question survey
- Step4: Upload a picture/drawing or a video that adequately depicts the most
- important safety issue that you face in your urban context. Add a small title and
- caption (ca. two sentences) explaining the safety issue and its importance to you.
- Step5: Propose a new name for the program.
- Step6: Submit and you’re done.
- Step7: Please check our website and Facebook to know about the results of the first round. We will also send a general e-mail with an update.
- Step8: If your entries are among the finalists, your entry will be published on the ICLEI Global Facebook page for public voting. Invite your family and friends to vote for your entry. The entry will be open for voting (LIKE) for 3 days.
- Step9: Stay connected for further updates, even if you are not the winner this time, we will launch new challenges and competitions in 2021 and beyond.