Anzisha Prize Fellowship Program for African Entrepreneurs ( Win $140,000 To Scale your Business )
The Anzisha Prize is Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 – 22 years, and hands out over USD $140,000 every year in business support and prize money to very young entrepreneurs from all over the continent
If you are a young African Entrepreneur trying to grow a small business or you’ve created something that provides you and your friends with an income, then we want your application.
Become a role model and inspire other young entrepreneurs to believe in the difference they can make in Africa, with the right support.
Africa’s future lies in your hands and we want to celebrate your potential to grow your country’s economy and create jobs.
Join Africa’s leading youth entrepreneurs to become an Anzisha Prize Fellows.
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before September 1, 1998 or after August 31, 2006, will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/beneficiaries.
- The Anzisha Prize isn’t awarded for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! Get started now and ensure you have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together).
To be selected as one of our Anzisha ventures, your business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Is your venture established with customers and beneficiaries and are you offering value to them?
- Are you, the founder, leading and managing your venture?
- Is your venture demonstrating some impact already?
- Whether your venture is a for-profit business or cause-based, does it already earn revenues or already reach beneficiaries? Is there potential to increase revenues or beneficiary reach with support from Anzisha?
- Has your venture created jobs and is there potential to create more high quality jobs?
To be selected as one of our Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate two important qualities:
- You are the leader of your venture and you drive both venture strategy and operations.
- You spend at least 20 hours a week (or more) on your business and plan to continue to do so after selection.
- Bi-annual cash stipends to eligible fellows in Year 1 and Year 3 of the fellowship.
- Short term educational opportunities, internships and specialised technical expert consultations for eligible fellows in Year 2 and Year 3.
- Job Creation Prize – awarded to the entrepreneur in Year 2 who has created the most job opportunities since joining the fellowship.
- Revenue Growth Prize – awarded to the entrepreneur in Year 2 with the highest business revenue growth since joining the fellowship.
- Storytelling Prize – awarded to the entrepreneur in Year 2 who has creatively communicated and distributed their entrepreneurship story through written, oral and visual storytelling.
- Integration systems and processes Prize – awarded to the entrepreneur in Year 2 who has effectively used systems and processes to advance their business model.
Apply in English
Postulez en français
Inscreva-se em portugues
قدم باللغة العربية
The Applications Guide is packed with useful information and guidance to help you submit a high quality application you feel confident about. This year we are thrilled to welcome our eleventh Anzisha Prize Fellowship, and we can’t wait to celebrate your achievements with the world!