NYDA Business Development Voucher Programme for South Africa (SA) Young Entrepreneurs 2021
The NYDA Voucher Programme is a business support programme aimed at assisting young entrepreneurs by providing one-on-one business development support to access quality business development services through NYDA approved business consultancy service providers thereby enhancing their participation in the mainstream economy.
Young entrepreneurs access this service through vouchers, which range from R6 600.00 to R19 800.00. There is no contribution fee required for young entrepreneurs to participate in the programme. Each registered entity, is entitled to a maximum of two (2) vouchers as per business development phase.
WHAT SERVICES DOES AS VOUCHER BUY?
A voucher is used to purchase business support services from approved service providers.
Services on offer include, but not limited to:
- Business Feasibility
- Bookkeeping and Financial Administration
- Business Re-engineering
- Website development and hosting
- Business operations manuals
- Marketing Strategy and Plan
- Business Plan Development
NYDA Business Development Voucher Programme for South Africa (SA) Young Entrepreneurs Eligibility
The applicant Must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years
- SA citizenship /permanent residence
- Must be willing to attend Entrepreneurship Development Training should the applicant not have entrepreneurial or business management background and/or qualification
- All members of the business entity must be between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- The business should be 100% youth owned
- The business should be operating within the borders of South Africa
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR VOUCHER APPLICATIONS?
- The applicant obtains and complete an application form from www.nyda.gov.za
- Visit the nearest NYDA branch in their areas listed on the back page of this leaflet
- She/he submits the application form to an NYDA branch
- An assessment is conducted to assess the application and his/her business against the service they are applying for.
- If approved, the applicant needs to select an accredited service provider from the service provider directory (not supplier directory).
- On receipt of the voucher, the selected service provider provides the service and the applicant endorses the voucher on completion of the project.
- The service provider then submits the final product to the NYDA for payment.
How do I Apply?
Step one:– Application forms can be obtained from any NYDA full service branch office or downloaded here.Your complete application form must be accompanied by:
· Certified Copies of ID
· Business Registration documents (If registered)
After submitting, your application will undergo an assessment, which will compare your business against the service you are applying for. If your application is approved, you must select an NYDA accredited service provider from the available list of the branch you applied to. If declined, the applicant is referred to an alternative business support service of the NYDA.
Once the service provider has rendered their service, the applicant has the option to endorse or decline the service provided. Want more information? Contact the NYDA on 0800 52 52 52 or email [email protected].