Keio University is offering scholarships for international students to pursue the Global Information and Governance Academic (GIGA) Program in Japan. Students who complete the course are awarded a Bachelor of Arts in Environment and Information Studies.
The GIGA program is an innovative and interdisciplinary study of the integrated use of information technology for the development of global society. It offers students a foundation in both the theoretical and practical aspects of information management and policy, ranging from new media and systems to information production, exchange and consumption. The GIGA program aims to develop leaders who will make a difference in the global community.
The GIGA program offers students excellent opportunities to develop their talents through many unique experiences, including fieldwork placements, internship programs and research projects that are developed around each student’s interests. At the same time, they learn how to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment by participating in an intensive Japanese language course.
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to international students.
- Entrance Requirements: The following eligibility requirements apply for all of three scholarships. To be considered for these scholarships, you must:
- be accepted through Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program) to enter the Faculty of Policy Management or the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies in September 2022
- be an incoming first-year student
- be a foreign national
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship: The scholarship amount for living expenses in 2019 is 117,000JPY per month.
- Travelling Costs
- Transportation to Japan
- Returning to your home country
- MASADA KOBAYASHI Scholarship: JPY 1,000,000 per year
- The scholarship will be used for the payment of academic fees required at the time of entering the University. The rest of the scholarship amount will be paid into the scholarship recipient’s bank account after enrollment.
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants whose native language is not English and who do not graduate from a high school that uses English as the medium of instruction are required to submit certification of the official score of any of the following English language proficiency tests taken within two years of the application deadline. Results of other tests may be accepted; however, you should contact the Admissions Office at least two months before the application period to confirm acceptability. There is no minimum required band score, the average score of successful applicants is not announced.
- TOEFL (Institution: 0773 Department: 00)(TOEFL-ITP score not accepted)
- TOEIC (TOEIC-IP score not accepted)
- United Nations Association’s Test of English (UNATE)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test in Practical English Proficiency (EIKEN).
- Applicants whose native language is English or whose high school uses English as the medium of instruction are not required to submit results of any of the tests listed above.
Applications deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through January 31, 2022
How to Apply:
If you decide to apply for the scholarships above, you may register from the Admission Web Entry System of Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program)