The School of Business at Southampton University has recently launched a Ph.D. scholarship scheme aimed at providing an environment conducive to doctoral research in Banking. The scholarships cover tuition fees and a maintenance stipend.
Students will receive the training and support needed to embark on a career of research excellence in the field of Banking and Finance. The School of Business is one of the leading business schools in Europe, with many outstanding alumni including company CEOs, entrepreneurs, research leaders, and influential politicians.
The School strives to provide a stimulating learning environment where students experience first-class teaching and mentoring from leading academics, practitioners, and business leaders. The School has one of the most respected finance programs in Europe and is ranked among the top 3 business schools by the Financial Times for its Finance program. It offers an innovative approach that combines academic rigor, strong industry links, and practical application.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with shortlisted candidates being notified of their selection by email. Successful candidates will be asked to contact the School directly to confirm their acceptance of the award before registration arrangements are made by the school.
- Eligible Countries: All UK, EU, and international/overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programme in Banking and Finance at Southampton Business School of the University of Southampton can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must meet the university’s standard admission requirements for PhD students in addition to a strong research proposal.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- your CV
- your degree certificate(s) (and translated version if necessary)
- degree transcript(s)(and translated version if necessary)
- English language qualification (if applicable)
- two references
The university will provide total tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,509 (£1,292.42 per month) for three years to all selected PhD candidates.
How to Apply
Students must submit their admission applications first, where they should indicate the specific subject area they are applying for and mention the scholarship reference’ 1642121TR’.