International Student Scholarships and Incentives
International students who wish to study in Scotland are invited to apply for scholarships at the University of the West of Scotland (UWS). There are several scholarship and incentive schemes available to International students studying at UWS.
UWS is a modern, forward-looking university that offers an exciting and challenging environment with state-of-the-art learning facilities and a beautiful campus setting. It was established by merging four colleges in August 2007 and now has nearly 17,000 students from over 80 countries. UWS is unique in the range of its subject areas, from business studies to engineering, health care to computing, law to education.
1. UWS GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIPS – SEPTEMBER 2022 ENTRY
UWS is delighted to offer a limited number of Global Scholarships, aimed at international (including EU/EEA) students who have achieved academic excellence in their undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree/diploma (or equivalent) studies.
- The UWS Global Scholarship is worth £1500.
Please note the following:
- The scholarship should be applied for once you have an unconditional offer of study
- The scholarship must be awarded prior to a CAS being issued
- The scholarship is only available to students applying to study at one of our Scottish campuses
- The scholarship is awarded as a single one-off payment for your chosen postgraduate degree studies
- No scholarships will be awarded retrospectively
- The UWS International Team will guide and support you through the application process and your eligibility for this scholarship
The UWS Global Scholarship is open to unconditional offer holders, who are self-funding, full-time, full fee-paying, international (incl EU/EEA) students who have applied to study one of our Masters degrees at one of our four Scottish Campuses.
Excludes Applicants for the following courses: DBA and all Research (MRes, MPhil, PhD) programmes and the Graduate Diploma (GradDip) in Business & Management).
Please note the following:
- If you meet the eligibility criteria for the UWS Global Scholarship of £1500, it will be deducted automatically from your tuition fees before your CAS is issued
2. THE COMMONWEALTH SHARED SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and UK universities to support students from developing Commonwealth countries to study full-time in the UK on a postgraduate Masters programme.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country* or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country*
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK, by the start of the UK academic year in September 2021
- By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country (as classified by the World Bank)
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
* ELIGIBLE COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES
Papua New Guinea
How to Apply
Applicants should first apply to University of the West of Scotland for one of the eligible MSc degrees. To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must hold an offer of study for the MSc they are applying for.
Applications for the scholarship should be made through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS):