As Ashoka looks to build an ecosystem of Changemaker Cities, we bring to you an opportunity to share your changemaker story. The Ashoka Africa Changemaker Storytelling Challenge is looking for inspiring stories from young people in Nigeria making a difference through social innovation. Share your story on how you are working or have worked with a team to create solutions to social challenges including but not limited to climate action, healthcare, unemployment, education, gender, diversity-equity-inclusion, minority rights, ICT, agriculture and economic sustainability in Nigeria.
This challenge aims to elevate and highlight the valuable contribution of young Nigerians who are solving some of the country’s biggest issues through collaboration and changemaking. This is an opportunity for young people to share their stories and let their voices be heard as they change in their communities
- Participants aged 18 – 35
- Country: Nigeria
- The social innovation should have been or is being implemented in Nigeria within the last two years
- Participants must be working with a team.
Winners will get:
- Cash Prize: Winner (200,000N); Runner Up; (100,000N) and 3rd place; (50,000N)
- Media Visibility: Top stories will be showcased on Ashoka’s #EveryDayChangemaking Early Changemaking Series
- Become a Co-leader in the Everyone A Changemaker movement in Nigeria
How to Apply
Submit your story to highlight your journey in transforming Nigeria.
Click here to submit your story
Please note that shortlisted stories will go through a community review process to determine the top 3 finalists. Guide for Young Storytellers: Ashoka aspires to help you tell stories of hope, positivity, and change. Here is a guide on how you can write and share changemaker stories. Click here to view the guides
- 4 April 2022: Challenge opens (During this time, participants may submit entries)
- 15 April 2022, 11:59 PM: Final entry deadline.
Screening and Community Review
- 7 April 2022 – 30 April 2022: Application screening and community review
- 5 May 2022: Winners announced