Reports to: Programme Manager
Location: Accra, Ghana
Contract: 12 months, contingent on funding; candidates must have the right to work in Ghana
Pattern: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Closing date: 13/05/2022
About the role:
EPG is looking for an exceptionally organised, highly motivated, and capable Associate with excellent communication and problem-solving skills to support EPG’s work in Ghana. The Associate will report directly to the Programme Manager and will be responsible for supporting project set-up, management and delivery, administration, and team coordination. The Associate will also support the Programme Manager to deliver project outputs such as stakeholder mapping, and to cultivate and maintain trusted relationships with senior Ministry officials and other key stakeholders and will support on drafting key project outputs and reports.
The right candidate will be passionate about the role education plays in transforming lives and see this role as an opportunity to build their project delivery, programme management, and stakeholder engagement skill sets, which will ultimately have a positive impact on improving children’s learning in Ghana.
- Schedule all internal and external meetings – both in person and remotely – attending meetings when required and taking detailed meeting minutes for external circulation
- Regularly update project documents including programme and project-level workplans, monitoring and learning frameworks, and reporting templates
- Support the Programme Manager to cultivate and maintain trusted relationships with senior Ministry officials across the MoE and other development and service delivery partners
- Support the Programme Manager in setting up an EPG office in Accra and to fulfil reporting requirements
- Liaise with MoE officials and development partners to set up meetings and interviews, as needed, taking detailed minutes when required
- Support the Programme Manager to collate relevant information on the education sector and policy development process to inform project set-up and work planning
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (Law, Public Administration, Economics, Education or related field)
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with the professional use of the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- A commitment to improving education quality for all children
About the Education Partnerships Group (EPG):
Incubated within UK education charity, Ark, the Education Partnerships Group (EPG) is an international not-for-profit consultancy that partners with governments to shape and strengthen their education systems. Our vision is that governments in low and middle-income countries are equipped to ensure that every child goes to school and learns. We believe that supporting government to design and implement contextually relevant and evidence-based public policy is the best way to drive sustainable progress towards achieving quality education for all.
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Friday 13th May 2022 but please note we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Please disregard the UK based questions as they do not apply for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on next steps.