To further drive Bolt’s mission and business success, we need a top-notch people organization that can take us to the next level. We expect you to think outside of the box of traditional HR and to develop an approach that combines the needs of people as well as the bottom line of the business.
By demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of our business and the intricacies of Bolt’s high-growth, multi-vertical environment you connect the business strategies required for success to people strategies and talent actions.
You act as a trusted adviser and partner to the Country Management in Africa and their teams and provide consulting and coaching on organizational design, and effectiveness, define a fit for purpose talent strategy, and ensure employee development and engagement.
As the Head of People, Africa you will closely collaborate with your peers the divisional Heads of People and other People Teams like Recruiting, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Compensation & Benefits, and Learning & Development to use a team-based and agile approach to design and deliver high-quality, scalable and consumer centric People products and services.
This role can be based in Nairobi, Johannesburg, Lagos or Accra. Though, we do have a preference for it being based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Be part of the global People Leads Team designing and driving the overall people agenda.
- Lead, inspire and develop a team of People Partners and Generalists.
- Become a trusted strategic partner to our Country Management Teams.
- Create and drive business impact for key stakeholders and employees, ensuring competitive advantage in Bolt’s existing and future marketplaces.
- Contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Create early wins and build a foundation to scale products and initiatives across our organisation.
- Have fun and understand the start-up mindset and realities.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in a Business Partner role, ideally in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment across multiple African countries.
- Solid leadership experience.
- Fluent Business English, any other language is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in multiple HR functions.
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of People practices within Bolt.
- Change oriented mind-set with an ability to guide leaders through organizational effectiveness, design, and change initiatives.
- Experience in supporting highly distributed, global teams while working across different time zones and regions across Africa.
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Competence in supporting multiple projects simultaneously with a solid orientation on results.
- Proven experience in working with and within matrix structures and supporting global teams in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Must be results-oriented, collaborative, and have a sense of humor and a strong EQ
- Ability to travel 30%-50% of the time to our African and international offices.